The English Classes
The classes are taught on the school premises, within the school day, at the lunchtime and are 2 hours per week.
At the Primary Level the children:
- Work on specific themes (insects, flight, recycling, etc.).
- Read for information.
- Learn and apply spelling rules.
- Participate in group projects.
- Complete creative writing assignments.
At the Secondary Level the children:
- Read plays, novels, poetry, non-fiction and media.
- Develop skills for reading for research, meaning and understanding.
- Work on oral and reading skills to improve expression, diction and argumentation.
- Learn about different writing styles: creative, persuasive, and informative.
- Prepare for the Cambridge Exams.
The Library Sessions
In addition to the english classes, the children at the Primary come to Le Caousou library twice a week for 1 hour sessions.
During the library sessions they have the opportunity to strengthen their reading through
- Story time.
- Individual and group reading.
- Keeping a Reading Log.
The chirldren also work on writing projects:
- Book reports
- Spelling worksheets
- Comprehension worksheets
- Special Theme Projects (the Romans, Earth, Around the World, etc.)
- Book reviews